Mar 20, 2010

Where have I been?

Well in point form:

After windows 7 I was unable to patch and I even have a new laptop with vista 64 that wouldnt patch for a week.

Got the vista 64 laptop working at least.

Bought a midi keyboard to make some custom tracks. Little did I realize there were thousands of dollars to pay to get any decent sounds, so I'm working on mostly solo pieces like a piano only form of chamber music and things like that.

Did not realize how amateurish my piano keying ability was so I'm practicing before I record anything but I do have a pretty suitable little bit written out for an mansion theme.


I asked in the forums how to do soz style nwn1 dialogues and with speaker switching. Did not get an answer to my surprise maybe one of you know? And if so do I have to make cohorts to switch speakers or can companions be used?

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    life can great sometimes :)

    Try this. It's OEI's tutorial on SOZ-convversations and Party Creation. It helped me a bit.
    http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2Tutorials.Detail&id=112

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eguintir,

    I believe I covered the question you ask in my blog posted here (only about 3 weeks ago): http://worldofalthea.blogspot.com/2010/02/bring-back-party-spirit-trouble-with.html

    In particular, I updated that post with this line correction:

    "1) Plot: Multiplayer Cutscene = TRUE. Party Chat = FALSE. (TRUE overrides Multiplayer Cutscene, but allows a Party Chat to not be escaped from.)"

    In other words, if you set a conversation to Party Chat = TRUE and Multiplayer = TRUE, then you get a SoZ style conversation (with party chat) that cannot be escaped from (like a NWN 1 conversation). You need SoZ installed of course, and the player does have to have other players or comapnions in the party to have them appear in the PC selection bar of the conversation GUI.

    Does that make sense? Or have I misunderstood what you require?

    Lance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No thats fine its just Im sure I've done party chat = TRUE before and nothing changed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turns out having nwn1 style as well cancelled the soz style window.

    ReplyDelete