Jan 23, 2010

A little of this and that... final area

I'm still working on the big finish, as usual I am wishing I had done everything in order, as going back certainly sucks when you have the end in sight. On that note I'm doing a few things to keep it interesting, the latest, I created a gauth beholder by modifying the beholder abilities to be "less lethal", less numerous and less frequent. And now we have a tidy CR 6 gauth beholder.






These are just images from the final area (a collection of 2 or 3 areas depending on how you view it I guess)

Ive also got an idea to make mirror image look more like it should... just using a card board humanoid figure and having it appear around the caster in numbers of 4 to 6. I'll post it when I do it.

And I did....

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I liked the screenshots. :) Good to hear you are getting close to finishing.

    The mirror image effect looks interesting. A thought: maybe bring the "images" a bit closer to the original to give a more "blurred" effect? I know there is also a spell called "blur" (somewhere), but as this effect you have made is new, you have poetic licence. I only say this as the effect may look rather busy if spread across too much. How does it work out in practice on the screen when playing? Just a thought. :)

    Lance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you mean closer as in "distance" they are actually fine, if you use BG2 as the standard. in Bg it looked like you had a whole section of troops with you across the screen. In my version the most you see at one time is in the pic, and they fade quickly.

    If you mean closer in appearance, I can definitely turn the other images black as well, although obviously the shape will be off for shorter races etc.

    Truthfully I have to test this in game still, so off I go. It reminds me that my evil army of wizards are not doing mirror image like the earlier necros do on site which makes them too easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eguintir,

    I had meant distance, but its hard to tell their distance (in relation to the whole screen) from the screenshot. If you say they are fine, that's good enough for me. :)

    Cheers!

    Lance.

    ReplyDelete