Sep 21, 2010

The Islander Experience

So now that Islander is complete and tested and re-completed, posts from here in will talk details.

  • Play time: 20 hours
  • Party size: 6
  • Companions: 2 forced, with 6 more to fill the final 3 spots, swappable throughout the game.
  • Level: 1 - 6 (finishing well into level 6 with exp)
  • Combat: Moderate
  • Skill use: occasional, but essential when required, few skills ignored completely
  • Traps: Average in number, but definitely requires rogue abilities
  • Weapons: 1 to 2 unique magical varients of each type featured in infinity games
  • Armor: 1 or 2 suits for each type of dexterity range, some class specific
  • Magic use: heavy. Wands and scrolls make even your low level mages more "magical".
  • Tactics: occasional, yet essential. Some encounters are really just this side of impossible without the proper plan.
  • Combat style: fairly fluid easy' common battles, with distinctly tougher bosses
  • Dialogue: lighter than average
  • Puzzles: sporadic
  • Non-combat quests: above average in quantity
  • Characters: built with personalities, light but often memorable dialogue
  • Alignment: good
  • Race/Gender: any
  • Chapters: 3
  • Custom Additions: prefab and existing custom content from the community as well as never before seen placeables created by myself, and a completely re-invented spell effects array. All the most popular spells up to level 3 have new effects.
  • Music: custom new track by Hoegbo

That's it for now...

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Have you uploaded it to the Vault yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I have a small army of voice actors filling it up. It will go around its original release date in the schedule thread. Im putting up info so I link people here when it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an impressive list!

    I look forward to seeing this get on the Vault. It is one of the modules I want to take a look at. The only frustrating thing is so little time to see everything.

    Lance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds very nice! I am looking forward to your release!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This list says thats it for now because that's all I can think of. There is literally as much stuff incorporated into this that to even list it takes a whole day to track it all down. Makes me wonder how I ever even finished.

    I didn't even list the voice acting, see I forgot stuff already.

    Lance I woudln't worry too much about time. I always play a module I've been waiting for or intrigues me somehow while modding; often times I start it play a good few hours then forget about it for a few days or weeks and return to it. Nothing wrong with tire kicking. And usually I find an idea to steal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the completion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I know it's been a very long road of development, and it's great to see you're almost ready for release!

    ReplyDelete