Dec 31, 2009

The Assembly line begins

Well I am doing everything I can to get this out during my semester break (which is till the 11th I think).

I keep falling into my old habbits of screwing around with something stupid but time consuming (and ultimately maybe unecessary) like trying to control my companions in a cut scene. They keep running all over in the most irritating fashion possible when I've gone through numerous hoops to prevent it. CutSceneImmobilize and forcing a jump to a precise way point is not enough most times. Then it works, but 1 in 3 tries someone is still puttering around. I look forward to leaving this toolset behind for DA: O. There is a lot of things done better in that toolset such as how your party is perfectly lined up and facing the right way at every cut scene. I will miss the fun things NWN2 has like multiple particle effects and the 3 ed D&D rules. Then again I hear 4th edition will totally botch those, so maybe that point is not valid.

So specifically to my project, I can NEVER get my water to reflect. I crank the reflection power to full 10, and the bias, and I get green watercolour paint as my result:



Perhaps any of my readers will be able to help. Before we go further though, yes I know how reflection settings work and it does work in game for the OC or other mods, mine just never reflects. I have noticed it gets better if its during sunset or sunrise but I use default settings, so if anyone has a quick way to set my scene up to mimic sunrise sunmoon settings do tell!

I'm also looking for suggestions on how to make the stone/dirt hills blend into the grass nicely. I just cant envision it, should it be a rough drop of about 6 feet, or a smooth hill that gradually grows more grass? What kind of textures?

4 comments:

  1. copy your sunrise/sunset settings in the default setting? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I thought we dealt with that problem with companions running around in cutscenes on the Bioware boards? You need execute a script with something like this before starting the conversation:

    {
    object oMember;
    oMember = GetFirstFactionMember(oPC, FALSE);

    while(oMember != OBJECT_INVALID)
    {

    if(oMember != oPC)
    {
    AssignCommand(oMember, SetAssociateState(NW_ASC_MODE_STAND_GROUND, TRUE));
    }

    oMember = GetNextFactionMember(oPC, FALSE);
    }

    JasonNH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes so did I.So what you are saying here is to issue basically the stand ground command? I didnt know we could script that. We will see to trying that then. Failing that as well I am going to go into the HB scripts and butcher them myself so I can set a "brain dead" flag that stops them from moving.

    What is the opposite command of stand ground, to restore them? I use to think it was follow but then they wont attack, so Ive been using attack. But I dont want them to yell a battle cry just because the cut scene is over...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to add that you need the following include file:

    #include "ginc_companion"

    As far as what to set them to upon return, I left that up to the player to reset.

    ReplyDelete